Title: Associate professor
School: School of Transportation Science & Engineering
Research in GIS /RS application areas, including data processing, analysis and modeling, and also the integration application of low-altitude remote sensing technologies on environmental monitoring.
2001.9-2004.6: PH.D. in Institute of Geography, Chinese Academy of Science, Specialty: Cartography and GIS
1998.9-2001.7: Master Degree in Tsinghua University, Specialty: Geodesy and Survey Engineering
1994.9-1998.7: Bachelor Degree in Guilin University of Technology, Specialty: Survey Engineering
2004.7- now: teacher, School of Transportation Science & Engineering, Beihang University
2010.9-2010.12 visiting scholar, University of Waterloo, Canada
2013.1-2013.02 research cooperation, in California State University, San Bernardino
PUBLICATIONS AND PATENTS
1. Tan Yumin, Huai Jianzhu, Tang Zhongshi. An Object-Oriented Remote Sensing Image Segmentation Approach Based on Edge Detection. Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis. 2010,30(6), 1624-1627
2. Tan Yumin, Huai Jianzhu, Tang Zhongshi, and Xi Weiwei. An Improved Hierarchical Segmentation Method for Remote Sensing images. Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing.2010, 38(4), 686-695
3. Tan Yumin, Huai Jianzhu, Tang Zhongshi. Edge-Guided Segmentation Method for Multiscale and High Resolution Remote Sensing Image. Journal of Infrared and Millimeter Waves. 2010, 29(4) 312-315
4. Yumin Tan, Deqiang Liu, Wenhui Wu. PSTree-based Multi-resolution Model for Buildings Simplification. Proceedings of ICISCI2011, Jan 18-20, pp:222-224
5. Tan Yumin, Huai Jianzhu, Tang Zhongshi. Object-oriented adjacency graph partition algorithm for remote sensing image segmentation. Journal of Dalian Maritime University. 2009.